Don Julio Foods - Our Best Recipes
- 8 Don Julio corn tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 2 cups cheese (cheddar or jack) , shredded
- 2 cups of chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
Place 1/2 cup of cheese aside. Place 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a glass 7" x 11" baking dish. Heat remaining sauce in shallow skillet. Heat 4 Don Julio tortillas in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Dip each one in sauce, place on plate and place filling ingredients down the center of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Roll seam side down and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Add 1/2 cup of cheese; Heat in microwave on high for 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over shredded lettuce.
- 8 Don Julio corn tortillas
- 1 cup any of the following: cooked shredded chicken; mashed potatoes; beans (re fried beans)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup any cooked red or green tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons queso anejo or feta cheese, grated
Heat Don Julio tortillas on a hot cast iron griddle to make them more pliable.
Place a teaspoon of either the chicken, mashed potatoes, or (re fried beans) near the along edge of each, and roll the tortillas up tightly so they don't open. You can use toothpick to secure them if necessary.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the flautas on high heat on each sides. 2 or 3 at a time, for about 1 minute or until light golden.
Drain the flutas on paper towels to remove any excess oil, and put on plates.
Spoon the same sauce over the flautas, top with some sour cream, and sprinkle with cheese.
Serve immediately; flautas are passed around on a platter and eaten with the fingers.
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8 Don Julio flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cup Mexican style shredded cheese
PREHEAT broiler. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add seasoned chicken and let chicken cook through.
SPRAY tops of 4 of the tortillas with cooking spray. Place, sprayed sides down, on large foil-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with chicken and remaining tortillas. Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
BROIL, 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn quesadillas over continue broiling and additional 3 minutes or until second side is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into 4 wedges. Serve with salsa.
- 1 Package Don Julio 10” Flour tortillas
- 1 lb. Hamburger (ground)
- 1 C. Salsa (or to taste)
- 2 C. Cheese (shredded)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can of diced olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ground hamburger then drain. Mix in all of the other ingredients. Place one scoop of mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Spread it over the bottom. This acts as non-stick grease. Then place one scoop in each tortilla. Roll and place in pan. Spread the rest of the mixture over the top. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes! Even the youngest eater will love these.